Special Care For Children | Special Care For Special Needs Adults
Special Care For Children
We give children the extra care they need in an unfamiliar setting.
Please refer to the Before My Surgery and Day of Surgery for further tips, as well as the guidelines on this page for children. Following these instructions may prevent delays or cancellation of the surgery.
- The patient may not to eat any foods or drink any liquids after the day before your procedure . Failure to follow this guideline could quite possibly be cause to cancel your procedure.
- We require that at least one parent remain in the center during surgery and recovery.
- Please bring our child’s favorite blanket, stuffed animal or toy for added security.
- You will be able to be with your child as soon as he/she is awake and medically safe.
Special Care For Special Needs Adults
We understand that loved ones who depend upon others for daily living require special attention. Besides the guidelines in the Before My Surgery and Day of Surgery , the following tips, will help make care for these adults easier:
- The legal guardian needs to sign the consent for surgery and anesthesia on or before the day of surgery.
- Please bring the patient’s recent health history and medication information. Be sure to follow the food and drink rules in the Before my Surgery section.
- As with other patients, special needs patients require a parent, legal guardian or other responsible adult to remain at the center from admission through discharge. A personal attendant will be required to stay with the patient for 12 hours following discharge.
< Return to Top >